Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Ride, Hoto, Ride

Managed to do a 50km bicycle ride last weekend (on the flat seawalls) so Sunday I rode from our place out to our friend's (Mez and Cathy) for dinner. Only 30.1km but lots of hills with the last 4km being a 9% hill. Took me 1.1hrs to do the first 26km, with speeds up to 48km/h on the Barnet Highway, but then it took me 30 mins to do the last gruelling (for me) 4km. It was a great ride across Vancouver, Burnaby and into Port Moody, and I saw many of the cities' neighbourhoods that I've never seen before. My thighs are only slightly burning today which is likely bad news since tomorrow I will likely be in agony. Reward was a great steak dinner and the company of good friends.


________
(sent from my Voq)

Share/Bookmark

7 comments:

Sparx said...

Superbly impressed by this. You rotten sod, picking up so dramatically where you left off. 80km in a week. I hate you. You are not my brother. I'm sure I have a lumpen pig of a brother somewhere who was swapped at birth for someone completely unlike me. You deserve only air-kisses for showing me up so much. for the lazy sod that I am.

Mwah, baby, mwah.

Gina said...

Congratulations on the bike ride and the blog. I am shouting for a marathon by 40...hopefully withing the year and a 50 lb weight loss. Keep up your great work.

http://fruitymama.blogspot.com

D-HOR said...

Oh dude I seriously need to get back on the banwagon myself. I lost 70lbs last year and then got lazy and I've gained 15 back. That is SO FUUUUUC*^G not cool.

Is it ok to swear for real on your site? I don't like to bust out till I've got the ok. Please keep up the great work, maybe it will inspire me to get may ass running again.

For real you blog off your phone or something small like that? And you managed to put up a pic? ? ? That's cool as hell.

Hoto said...

Profanity is welcome Lindystar. Don't worry about checking back in tho. This is one of the more pathetic blogs around and exists purely for my gratification and keeping the family informed. Yours and sparx' are far more entertaining.

Elizabeth said...

I just stumbled upon your blog, and it's really inspiring. I've never had a weight problem, considering I'm a 20 year old female, but I do need to get back to exercising. Perhaps I'll take a jog tonight...

Sparx said...

I've tagged you, you superfit son of my mother.

Anonymous said...

Nice bike ride buddy. Your cardio must be coming along nicely! JVM